Looking for an elegant makeup look for a special occasion? Try something more glam and fancy than usual – gold glitter smokey eyes combined with red lipstick or a red and gold eye makeup to enhance the color of your eyes even more.
A combination of rose gold eyes and lipstick in red or natural tones can create two different looks, which perfectly match most prom and holiday outfits. Celebrities like Selena Gomez, Gigi Hadid, Hailey Baldwin, Kate Bosworth, and Shay Mitchell frequently wear this look on a red carpet, proving that it perfectly suits any skin type, eye color, and hairstyle.
So, let’s have a look at how to recreate this particular makeup at home and what dress to style it with.
Glam Makeup in Red and Gold
A yellow gold makeup with red accents is a very trendy look at the moment. Though it seems to be very easy to recreate by yourself, there are a few tips you should know in order to avoid a «tired eyes» effect.
So, read the recommendations below to be sure your red and gold eye makeup is red carpet worthy.
- For such a dramatic eye makeup, always prep the eyelids. Don’t skip an eyeshadow base. You can use whatever base you already have.
- You can do a base first or you can do it after your eye makeup is ready if you don’t want to mess up the foundation with glitters and pigmented eyeshadows.
- There are a few ways on how to do a red and gold eye makeup. The first one is to use warm peachy colors on the whole eyelid, accentuating them with darker red and brown tones. Then take half-baked eyeshadows in golden tones, wet the brush, and add a little bit of color in the center of the eyelid and just in the corner. Blend the colors for a softer look. Repeat under the eyes.
- The second way is to use more golden and orange eyeshadows, complementing them with a black eyeliner. Apply a glitter glue on the crease of the eye following the instructions on the tube. Then, take a brush covered with glitter and cover the whole eyelid to make your eyes pop even more. Don’t rush, slowly apply glitter, tapping it onto the eyelid. And don’t forget to cover under the eye area with a cotton pad before applying the glitter. Apply false eyelashes for a more dramatic effect. Then, apply mascara.
- And the last but not the least is a red smokey eye makeup with champagne and golden tones in the corner of the eye.
Red and gold makeup perfectly complements dresses in nude, white, silver, and black tones. Depending on what outfit and hairstyle you have, you can go for red or nude lipstick. If it is a dramatic glitter makeup, we recommend a less dramatic lipstick choice to balance the look.