Burgundy is one the best colors ever to wear in the fall. What else except red lipstick and Pumpkin Spice Latte associates better with fall, than a burgundy color? It is one of the trendiest and hottest shades for this particular season each year. It is a perfect companion for many other colors and a bright accessory to any office outfit.
Don’t be afraid to wear burgundy because of how rich and warm it seems to be. In fact, it is one of the easiest colors to mix and match with other pieces in the wardrobe. Fashion designers like Alexander Wang and Calvin Klein often use burgundy as a centerpiece on a runaway. And celebrities like Blake Lively, Miranda Kerr, and Jessica Alba often complement their everyday and red carpet looks with this particular shade.
So, why not to try wearing burgundy too? There is no better season for this than fall.
5 Burgundy Top Outfit Ideas
The easiest way to add this color to your outfit is by adding a burgundy top or an accessory. Let’s start with the basics – your top.
- Burgundy is a great choice for an authentic and stylish office look. Complement a checked burgundy blazer with matching checked burgundy pants. Underneath you can wear either a white bodysuit or a white turtleneck. Simple, classy, and trendy. The blazers can be found in the latest collections by Calvin Klein, Saint Lauren, and H&M.
- Burgundy sweater. Don’t be afraid of crazy color combinations. Mix and match. Combine a chunky burgundy sweater with a bright flowy midi skirt of raspberry, ruby, or hibiscus shades.
- Get a coat for a cold weather. What wardrobe piece can be more stable than a burgundy coat? If you decide to go for such a bright outfit, don’t overwhelm the overall look with something else. Keep it simple. Complement your coat with a dark bottom and a black purse. Or you can go for burgundy boots as well. Get inspired by Kate Middleton and Gigi Hadid.
- For a more relaxed autumn look, go for a basic or printed burgundy hoodie or a bomber jacket like Kourtney Kardashian, Gigi Hadid, and Doutzen Kroes do in their day-to-night looks. You can go for an oversized, crop, cotton, velour, more expensive, less expensive, or whatever hoodie you like most. Complement it with your favorite jeans, black sunglasses, a pair of sneakers or a pair of black boots, and you are ready.
- A burgundy purse is a great accessory. It is a perfect match for both daytime and nighttime outfits. A purse combined with a black blazer can be used for an office or transformed into a night look by adding a dark lipstick, a pair of black heels, and a chunky necklace. Burgundy bags and backpacks can be found in Topshop, H&M, Zara, and M&S.
Burgundy is a very staple, bold color, which is never really out of season. So, don’t be afraid of buying something in this color for a few seasons. It is always represented on the best runways of New York and London.
Hopefully, our article gets inspired you to go out and get something in burgundy too.